This is our first Christmas as the new owners of Barannes, and almost a year since we took over the two shops, one in Broad Street and the other in Colomberie. It is fair to say it has been a steep learning curve for all of us, but it has been great fun and we are enjoying serving you, our customers.
During the year we have tried to maintain continuity with the Barannes you came to know and love. The changes we have made have been built on the foundation of providing healthy products and great tasting juices and smoothies, containing only natural ingredients. It is also important that our juice products are made in front of you so you can see exactly what goes into each juice.
Here are some of the things we have changed this year:
- Both shops now have high quality barista coffee machines for serving our Grumpy Mule organic coffee and Pukka teas. This month we've also introduced Maca Hot Chocolate.
- We've revitalised our website including a weekly blog to keep you informed of new products and providing health based information
- Our unique blends of hot juices for the winter
- 100% compostable cups, lids and straws have replaced our plastic drinks containers
- We are continuously looking at new juice and smoothie recipes with a featured 'Ingredient of the Month' in both shops
- Our range of Health Hampers launched for Christmas but to be continued throughout the year. Hampers can be ordered online as well as in store.
- We are providing more services to our corporate market with regular 'wellbeing workshops' where we go along to offices with a range of juice and smoothie products for staff to try out.
We already have ideas for 2018 so watch this space for more new things to come. However, we can only continue to innovate and improve if you tell us how we are doing. We know we don't get it right all the time, so we welcome all feedback to ensure we keep at the top of our game and remain your favourite health shop, coffee and juice bar in Jersey.
We couldn't do this on our own so we'd like to say a big thank you to our loyal team of staff at Barannes who we rely on, day in day out, to keep serving you the products you love. Thank you to our full timers, Inga, Magda and Lauren and the part-timers and Saturday staff of, Kasia, Bethia, Luke, Jake, Saffy and Steph,.
It just remains for us to wish you and your families a very happy Christmas and a successful new year. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Paula, Ian, Paul and Angela
Owners of Barannes